Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Books of 2011

I've been keeping track of all the books I've read for the last few years, and I decided to list all of 2011 here.  You can see I have a mix of good-for-the-brain books and fun romance novels.  Some months are slimmer than others, usually because I'm reading some giant tome.  It's fun to look back, because I can remember so clearly what was happening when I was reading these books.  I can see when I discovered a certain author and read through their back catalog - our London trip will probably always be linked with Loretta Chase in my mind.  When I got through something long and dense, like the flu book or Oldest Confederate Widow and let myself read whatever fun books came to mind.  Or when I was sick and read three old Rachel Gibson books in one day.  Books are only included here if they're finished, which gives me added incentive, but there were a few more that I just didn't make it through (and I read large sections of most of the Harry Potter books, but Deathly Hallows is the only one I re-read cover to cover).  2011 is the year of my Kindle, the year of Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs, Loretta Chase, Jill Shalvis, and Courtney Milan (all new discoveries), catching up on Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series, and re-reading some of the Harry Potter and Twilight books and some favorite Nora Roberts.  Some of these books were great, and have been recommended and passed on to others, and some are probably better forgotten, but I'm glad I have this record of what I read in 2011! 

January
The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History, John M. Barry

February
Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
Nocture, Syrie James
Vampires are Forever, Lynsay Sands
The Immortal Hunter, Lynsay Sands
Clara and Mr. Tiffany, Susan Vreeland
Maisie Dobbs, Jacqueline Winspear
Power Play, Deirdre Martin
Salting Roses, Lorelle Marinello
Ape House, Sara Gruen

March
Treachery in Death, J.D. Robb
The Beekeeper's Apprentice, Laurie R. King

April
Breaking the Rules, Suzanne Brockmann
The Peach Keeper, Sarah Addison Allen

May
Chasing Fire, Nora Roberts
Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All, Allan Gurganus
Blue Dahlia, Nora Roberts
Black Rose, Nora Roberts
Red Lily, Nora Roberts
My One and Only, Kristan Higgins
The Mapping of Love and Death, Jacqueline Winspear

June
Just Like Heaven, Julia Quinn
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larsson
Pardonable Lies, Jacqueline Winspear
Simply Irresistable, Jill Shalvis
The Sweetest Thing, Jill Shalvis
When Tony Met Adam, Suzanne Brockmann
Miranda's Big Mistake, Jill Mansell
Beach Lane, Sherryl Woods
The Betrayal of the Blood Lily, Lauren Willig
Just Breathe, Susan Wiggs
The Mischief of the Mistletoe, Lauren Willig

July
Messenger of Truth, Jacqueline Winspear
An Incomplete Revenge, Jacqueline Winspear
Among the Bad, Jacqueline Winspear
The Orchid Affair, Lauren Willig
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling
Unlocked, Courtney Milan
Unveiled, Courtney Milan
Trial by Desire, Courtney Milan
Proof by Seduction, Courtney Milan
Lord of Scoundrels, Loretta Chase
Mr. Impossible, Loretta Chase
Last Night's Scandal, Loretta Chase

August
Lord Perfect, Loretta Chase
Miss Wonderful, Loretta Chase
Not Quite a Lady, Loretta Chase
Don't Tempt Me, Loretta Chase
Yours to Keep, Shannon Stacey
Get a Clue, Jill Shalvis
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
Wild Ride, Jennifer Cruse and Bob Mayer

September
A Lesson in Secrets, Jacqueline Winspear
Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh
Any Man of Mine, Rachel Gibson
Not Another Bad Date, Rachel Gibson
Tangled Up in You, Rachel Gibson

October
How to Knit a Love Song, Rachael Herron
The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
How to Breathe Underwater, Julie Orringer
Unclaimed, Courtney Milan
Perfect Timing, Jill Mansell
Until There Was You, Kristan Higgins
Wench

November
Wartime Lies, Louis Begley
The Fairy Tale Bride, Kelly McClymer
Jane I'm Still Single Jones, Joan Reeves
Wicked Intentions, Elizabeth Hoyt
Heartstrings and Diamond Rings, Jane Graves
Small Town Christmas, Shalvis, Lang
Cover Me, Catherine Mann
Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer

December
Lessons in Seduction, Sandra Hyatt
The Accidental Duchess, Jessica Benson
The Next Always, Nora Roberts

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this too - the kindle is helping, and I could check my library records.

    ReplyDelete