Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Mardi Gras!

I hope you've had a good Fat Tuesday! I didn't do much this year - no king cake, no beads, no purple, green, or gold. We'll see if I can manage to make it to church tomorrow. This weekend I sewed up the last of my kid clothes project pile - puppet show shorts. That's the name of the pattern, not that you have to wear them to a puppet show. I decided to make them for MG and her "tiny heinie" since her shorts were always falling down. I don't know how often you wear shorts in Monterey, but whatever, they're done.

Also, Saturday we had a birthday lunch for Zeek and his brother Nick. Sunday I stayed for a few hours with Ami watching Peter - Ami was recovering from a bug and Zeek was sick in bed. I made a chicken and artichoke lasagna for book club Sunday night. I finished the last book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I guess I will read the next one as soon as I can get it from the library. I started working on a new quilt using a fence rail pattern. Not much else right now.

This picture does not want to be straight.  Denim shorts on left, green chevron pattern on the right.  You might recognize the watercolor pocket/leg binding fabric from a dress I made Shannon last year.  The green fabric isn't really as bright as it looks, and it has a subtle green on green chevron pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment