Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Merchant of Venice and Sarah's Birthday

I've gotten a little further on MG's birthday sweater. It has a little lace so I have to really pay attention to the instructions. The yarn is super soft and a beautiful shiny shade of purple. I realized after the fact that it's so soft and shiny because it's a mix of merino, silk, and bamboo, I think, so it's hand wash only. Not a very practical yarn for a five-year-old's gift, but sooo nice!
Also, as you can see from this picture, the Kindle is very handy for reading while knitting. No needing to hold open the book and just hit a button to turn the page.

Last night I went to the Shakespeare Theatre with Ami to see The Merchant of Venice, the last play of the season. It was the very first performance, since our tickets are the Tuesday of preview week, but it was really good! I didn't get home until about 11pm, though, so I just about went straight to bed. It was very hard to get out of bed this morning!

Also, happy birthday to Sarah today!

No comments:

Post a Comment